MITSkills IAG Service
MITSkills aims to provide all learners and potential learners with information, advice and guidance that empowers them to make self-determined choices about learning and work.
Our objectives are to ensure that all learners and potential learners:
- Receive clear, accurate, up to date, accessible, objective and impartial information before committing to a course.
- Receive requested information and advice within seven working days of asking.
- Can access appropriate opportunities to discuss how a proposed course meets their needs with (1) tutors or tutor organisers (2) AG or support staff in the college (3) external specialists.
- Can access information and advice about (1) available financial help (2) learning support and/or (3) other local opportunities that might meet their needs.
- Can access clear, accurate, up-to-date, accessible, objective and impartial Advice & Guidance about progression opportunities.
- To speak with our experienced IAG team for advice, contact us using this form or call 0845 4309009.
For learners using Pics E-Assessor for their online portfolio:
Click here for E-Assessor
Signposting and Career Guidance
Help Lines Partnership
If you are looking for advice on a range of subjects from Addiction to Money and Debt:
Click here to access the Helplines website
Apprentice Learner Handbook
Traineeship and Study Programme Learner Handbooks
16 to 19 bursary fund guide 2020 to 2021 academic year
Discover Your Skills and Careers
Take a 5 to 10-minute assessment to find out what job categories, and which particular job roles, might suit you. Click here to take the assessment
‘How Are You Quiz’ is for over 18s only and designed to point you in the right direction. It’s not a medical assessment – if you’re worried about your health you should speak to a health professional. Please click here to take the assessment
Find An Apprenticeship
Information On Becoming An Apprentice
Apprentice Oyster Card
Are you a London learner? You may be eligible for an Apprentice Oyster Card. Find out here
NUS Extra Card
NUS Apprentice extra, the discount card for UK Apprentices with loads of discounts in-store and online.
Discounts for Apprentices!
Apprenticeships and Benefits Advice
Read a guide to apprenticeships and benefits if your child is doing an apprenticeship.
Read guide here
MITSkills Learner Voice Results 2019-2020
MITSkills Equality and Diversity Calendar 2020
We value our learners and partners and promote equality and diversity. View our Equality & Diversity Calendar here
Skills Health Checker
The Skills Health Check is a set of quizzes and activities designed to help you explore your skills, interests and motivations.
Working through the Skills Health Check can help you decide what kind of jobs might be right for you.
Click here to take the assessment
Employer & Staff CPD
We support continuing professional development – Link here
Careerometer is a widget provided by the LMI for All service. It is an easy way to get access to labour market information to help you make desicions regarding your future career