The purpose of this qualification is to confirm your competence in a supervised role that supports pupils’ learning in a school environment. This qualification will enable you to develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to work in an unsupervised role at times or in a team leading position within the school workforce, directly supporting the teaching and learning of pupils in primary, secondary or special schools.
Child and Young Person Development
- Support Learning Activities
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Help Improve Own and Team Practice in Schools
- Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
Schools as Organisations
- Move and Position Individuals in Accordance with their Plan of Care
- Provide Support for Therapy Sessions
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Contribute to Supporting Bilingual Learners
- Prepare and Maintain Learning Environments
- Provide Displays in Schools
- Support Children and Young People at Meal or Snack Times
- Support Children and Young People With Disabilities and Special Educational Needs
- Support Children and Young People's Play and Leisure
- Support Children and Young People's Travel Outside of the Setting
- Support Extra-Curricular Activities
- Support the Use of Information and Communication Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Invigilate Tests and Examinations
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering