Plumbing Apprenticeship Level 2 and Level 3
The Plumbing Apprenticeship offers a qualification that will provide you with the skills and knowledge you will need when working in a job role which focuses on plumbing. You will be working in a variety of environments where your duties could encompass many areas of plumbing. You will become familiar with everything from domestic boilers to advanced welding techniques to computerised control systems.
Who is the course for?
16+ working in the industry.
What will I study?
- Maintaining the safe working environment when undertaking plumbing work activities
- Installing non complex plumbing systems and components,
- De-commissioning non complex plumbing systems,
- Maintaining non complex plumbing systems and components,
- Maintaining effective plumbing working relationships,
- Contributing to the improvement of the plumbing work environment,
- Health and safety in a plumbing environment,
- Environmental awareness within plumbing,
- Working with others within plumbing,
- Understanding plumbing science, materials and principles
- Plumbing processes,
- Understanding domestic hot water systems,
- Understanding domestic cold water systems,
- Understanding wet central heating systems,
- Understanding sheet lead weathering,
- Understanding drainage systems,
- Understanding electrical systems within a plumbing environment.
- Optional Units:
there are no optional units. All units must be completed to gain the qualification.
What will I need for the course?
- You will need to be employed the industry and attend the centre one day per week.
How will I be assessed?
- At work observations,
- Online and paper based tests.
How long is the course?
- Level 2 is 18 -24 months
- Level 3 is one additional year
What do I gain if successful?
- Level 2 NVQ PEO,
- Level 2 Certificate in Plumbing,
- the opportunity to progress on to a Level 3 Plumbing qualification.
How much does it cost?
for all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering