Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 2 and Level 3
The Level 2 and 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing covers all of the core knowledge and skills needed to become a competent Hairdresser, as well as giving you as an apprentice the opportunity to develop different skills by choosing from a selection of optional units. This qualification is designed for apprentices aged 16 years or over who are starting out in the Hairdressing industry.
Who is the course for?
16 + working in the industry
What will I study?
- Health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Plait and twist hair, develop and maintain your effectiveness at work, promote additional products or services to clients.
What will I need for the course?
- You will need to be employed in a hairdressing salon and attend the centre one day per week.
How will I be assessed?
- In salon observations,
- Online and paper based tests.
How long is the course?
Level 2 is 18 -24 months,
- Level 3 is one additional year.
What do I gain if successful?
Level 2 NVQ in Hairdressing
- The opportunity to progress on to a Level 3
How much does it cost?
- For all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- Outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering