Barbering Level 2 and 3
The Level 2 and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering covers all of the core knowledge and skills needed to become a competent Barber, as well as giving you the opportunity to develop different skills by choosing from a selection of optional units. The level 2 qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over who are starting out in the Barbering industry or progressing from a Level 1 qualification. The Level 3 qualification is designed for apprentices aged 16 years or over who are looking to progress within the Barbering industry and who already have experience or hold a Level 2 qualification.
Duration and Start Dates:
- 12-24 months (individualised programme)
- runs all year
- Training for all apprentices will be work-based in a commercial salon
- Apprentices will complete the City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 to 3 in Barbering covering a range of practical and theoretical knowledge to prepare apprentices for entry into the barbering industry.
- Health and safety
- Give clients a good impression
- Relationship-building with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Performing reception duties
- Cut using basic barbering techniques
- Functional skills
- Employer rights/responsibility
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- During the course students will collect a portfolio of evidence for assessments. This will consist of written, oral and observational practice evidence.
- Workplace based assessments with monthly visits to one of our training academies.
No formal entry requirements but all candidates will be interviewed prior to being offering a placement and will undergo online assessments.
Advanced Apprenticeship/NVQ Level 3 in Barbering
- Assessor Awards TAQA
- Teacher Training
How much does it cost?
For all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- Outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: email@example.com. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering