Apprenticeship Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Light Vehicle
This qualification is primarily a Technical Level Qualification developed to deliver on a part-time basis and is aimed at apprentices with a keen interest in the light vehicle maintenance and repair industry. This qualification is designed to equip apprentices with good level of technical knowledge and skills to be able to work on modern light vehicles. The qualification is assessed using a range of methods appropriate for this level of technical qualification.
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for people interested in the repair and maintenance of classes 4-7 vehicles.
- You should be employed in the vehicle repair trade or be actively seeking a job in the trade.
What will I study?
- Routine light vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing engin units and components
What will I need for the course?
- A keen interest in motor vehicles and not being afraid of having dirty hands.
- We will expect the learner to achieve a minimum of level 1 in Maths, English and ICT during the initial assessments.
How will I be assessed?
- You will be assessed by a competent assessor in your college and again by your assessor in your workplace.
How long is the course?
2 years for level 2 apprenticeship.
- 1-2 additional years for a level 3 advanced apprenticeship.
What do I gain if successful?
- A recognised Level 2 and Level 3 Framework Apprenticeship which will enable you to work in the industry.
How much does it cost?
- For all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- Outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: email@example.com. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering