Vehicle Body Repair
This qualification will cover the technical needs for today’s motor vehicle Body and Paint repair industry, including basic body repair and welding, as well as paint techniques and procedures, preparation, application procedures and the diagnosis and rectifying of paint faults. It will provide you as an apprentice with essential knowledge for the body repairer/painter working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body repair shops.
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for people interested in the repair of vehicle bodies.
- You should be employed in the vehicle body repair trade or be actively seeking a job in the trade.
What will I study?
This work might involve repairing accident damage, restoring or modifying vehicle bodies.
What will I need for the course?
A keen interest in motor vehicles and not being afraid of having dirty hands.
How will I be assessed?
- You will be assessed by a competent assessor in your college and again by your assessor in your workplace.
- Your college course will be roughly seven weekly blocks per year.
How long is the course?
2 years for level 2 apprenticeship.
- An additional 1 year for a level 3 advanced apprenticeship.
- All courses are delivered by block release in Bristol, seven blocks for 5 days each block per year.
What do I gain if successful?
- A recognised Level 2 and Level 3 Framework Apprenticeship which will enable you to work in the industry.
How much does it cost?
- For all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- Outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering