This qualification will cover the technical needs for today’s motor vehicle Body and Paint repair industry, including basic body repair and welding as well as paint techniques and procedures, preparation, application procedures and the diagnosis and rectifying of paint faults. It will provide you as an apprentice with essential knowledge for the body repairer/painter working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body repair shops.
Who is the course for?
You should be employed in the vehicle refinishing trade or actively seeking a job in the trade. This can be in either a light or heavy vehicle workshop.
- You should have a keen interest in vehicle refinishing (painting).
- You should have a good eye for detail and colour.
What will I study?
- The various techniques in preparing vehicle panels.
- How to mix and apply various types of primers and how to mix, tint and apply various types of colour and lacquers.
- How to rectify minor paint defects.
- You will study at a purpose built college. This will be roughly seven weekly blocks per year. Accommodation will be found for you.
What will I need for the course?
- A good eye for detail and colour.
- You should be a clean worker and be able to work on your own.
How will I be assessed?
- You will be assessed by a competent assessor in the college were you study.
- You will also be assessed by your assessor in your workplace.
How long is the course?
2 years for a level 2 apprenticeship.
- 1-2 additional years for a level 3 advanced apprenticeship.
What do I gain if successful?
A recognised Level 2 and Level 3 Framework Apprenticeship which will enable you to work in the industry you chose.
How much does it cost?
- For all candidates aged 16-18 the course is fully funded by the Government. It is available to anybody working in the industry.
- Outside of the 16-18 age group costs will be dependent on individual candidate and employer details.
How do I find out more?
Just contact our friendly team. Phone: 0845 430 9009 e-mail: email@example.com. We are here to help you.
For more course information please visit the national careers service website at: National Careers Service National Careers Service!
Teaching and Learning
Early Years & Adult Care
Manufacturing & Engineering